Tuesday, October 4, 2011

All American Girl

This week i have been reading All American Girl, by Meg Cabot.  It is about a teenage girl named Sam.  She is very artistically minded, shy around boys, and in a world of her own.  She is very jealous of her sister, Lucy, who is the most popular girl in school, a cheerleader, smarter than Sam, and has the hottest rebel boyfriend that is perfect for Sam.  It shows her ups and downs through high school.  I decided to read this book because it has a colorful shiny cover that caught my eye.  I read the first page and I was interested.  I feel like it is a book directed more towards girls, because it talks about some stuff I won’t go into, but I think its fun being in other people’s shoes especially if they are another gender.  I also like the book because I am very into art and drawing and I’ve done it for so long.  This book gives tips because Sam’s art teacher is very critical about her artwork, so I can use some of those ideas myself.  I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a change from the normal storyline.  What I mean by this is that this is a book that is much different from most of the books I’m into.  For example; The Hunger Games series, and Enders Game which I did my last blog on.  Those books are fictional, with lots of action and intense moments.  All American Girl is a more relaxed, and less intense story that is good in different ways.

3 comments:

  1. Nicky, that book sounds cool, you were telling me about it before and it sounded awesome. Maybe you can lend it to me after your done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blog was pretty interesting. I agree with you about putting yourself in someone elses shoes. In fact, I did that with my blog on the hunger games. I also agree with you on how it's more of a relaxed book which I like just as much as the intense books like the Hunger Games or the Lightning Thief Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Sam as a protagonist. She's the kind of main character who is not perfect but not in a perfect not perfect way. Do you know what I mean? She seemed real to me, and most of Meg Cabot's main characters are a bit of a stretch for me.

    I liked All American Girl but I totally did NOT like the sequel to it. Hated the sequel to it, actually. Sam is too interesting a character to reduce her world to one dimension, and that's what the sequel does in my opinion.

    And sure, the book is directed more at girls, but a book like Stormbreaker is directed at boys - and lots of girls like them, too. Choose your own adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.